Los Angeles against trump
And it all started...
In 2016 Trump’s win put me into a shock; thinking the numbness will wear off, instead outrage and a refusal to accept the result took over. Much of Los Angeles felt the same way - so we took it to City Hall to say what they had to say.
The photos are from the following events:
- November 11, 2016- City Hall Protest
- November 12, 2016 - The Union del Barrio's march from MacArthur Park to and through downtown
- November 17, 2016 - City Hall against Steve Bannon
- January 20, 2017 - The Women's March
- January 29, 2017 - LAX Protest against travel ban
- February 18, 2017 - Free the People Immigration March
- March 8, 2017 - International Women's Day
I personally didn't experience or see any violence during the protests and marches. All kinds of people were there and all ages too. The police basically kept us safe, making sure when demonstrators were in the streets - that we had a safe path to march on.
My hope is to continue to taking photos of demonstrators and that we all continue to pay attention and stay outraged. As my father said, it feels like there's been a death in the family. I felt the same way. For me, with any death - mourning never completely goes away, it just becomes easier to deal. In this case, I won't allow the mourning to go away. Neither should you. Let's vow to pay attention, speak up and protect our allies.